REJECTING GOD’S WILL
2 Chronicles 32:1-8
- Is there confusion in your life?
- Are you confused about God’s direction?
- Are you at a point of frustration, where you are facing circumstances for which there doesn’t seem to be a solution?
- Are you at a point where you are facing problems which have you distressed, frustrated, and confused?
There are five major factors which bring confusion into your life:
- Sin: Romans 14:23
- Leaning to the arm of the flesh: 1 Corinthians 2:14
- Lack of knowledge of the truth: James 3:14-17
- Lack of hearing God’s voice clearly: 1 Corinthians 14:33
- Lack of clarity of direction — not knowing God’s will: James 1:8
When Israel was at the border of their Promised Land, God told them to not be dismayed (Deuteronomy 1:21, TAB). The word “dismayed” is translated from a Hebrew word which means “to break down either by violence or confusion and fear.” God was telling them not to be confused or fearful. Instead of acting in faith, however, Israel rebelled. Their sin prevented them from entering in and taking possession of all God had promised them. Because of sin, they brought confusion upon themselves and wandered in the wilderness for forty years.
Jeremiah, the weeping prophet, cried out concerning the nation of Israel:
We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against the Lord our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God.” (Jeremiah 3:25)
The thing which caused them to sin and led to their defeat was that they reacted to their circumstances from a position of confusion and frustration instead of upon the Word of the Lord. They acted according to their natural minds. They forgot God’s miraculous power to deliver them and set their eyes on the strength and might of their enemies.
Their confusion was not the result of not hearing God’s voice or a lack of clarity of direction. God had spoken and clearly revealed His will to them. It was clearly the result of shutting their ears to God’s voice, rejecting His will, and substituting their own wills.
What about you? Are you rejecting God’s will and substituting your own will? Examine your heart today.
Make this declaration:
I will not walk in sin. I will not lean on the arm of the flesh. There will be no lack of knowledge of the truth in my life. I will be able to hear God’s voice clearly and know His will.