BECOMING A PERSON OF INFLUENCE PART 1
And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail…
SEVEN THINGS THE TAIL CAN NEVER ACCOMPLISH NO MATTER WHAT IT DOES
- The tail can never be ahead of the head.
The tail is always behind, and never in front of the head.
- The tail can never lead the head.
Where the head leads, the tail follows. Where the head goes, the tail goes.
- The tail can never be better than the head.
- The tail can never decide its own destiny.
The head makes all the decisions while the tail gets dragged around
- The tail can never feed itself.
It is always a victim of the decisions of the head.
Whatever the head eats, that’s what it will get.
- The tail is always last.
- The tail can never become greater than the head.
God wants you to be the head and not the tail. This blessing is yours by virtue of the new birth. BECOMING A PERSON OF INFLUENCE PART 1
God wants you to become a person of influence
- Influence is synonymous with greatness.
Only when you are great can you become a blessing.
Hebrews 7:7 NIV
And without doubt the lesser is blessed by the greater.
Until you become greater than your environment you can never bless it.
Genesis 12:2 KJV
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: BECOMING A PERSON OF INFLUENCE PART 1
- Influence is leadership. And without leadership nothing great can be achieved.
You can not become an agent of change until you become a person of influence.
- Influence is the highest level of success.
Your success is good, but it is useless if it can not influence others positively.
WHAT IS INFLUENCE?
- The ability to move things or people your way effortlessly. This suggests that you way is God’s way, the excellent way.
- The ability to affect the character, development, or outcome of someone or something.
- The ability to make people and things willingly conform to your purpose, plans and pursuits
- The ability to make people aspire to the inspirations of your aspirations. In other words, to make people want to be like you.
TO BECOME A PERSON OF INFLUENCE
- You must break existing limitations that have kept you on the same level with others
Isaiah 2:2 KJV
FOUR THINGS THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LIMITATION IN YOUR LIFE
Lets use prayer to illustrate this understanding. Since truth is parallel, you can apply this to any area of your life BECOMING A PERSON OF INFLUENCE PART 1
- What you don’t know
Matthew 7:7 KJV
If you don’t know that you can ask for something you don’t deserve and receive it, you will stay with what you deserve. You will never have beyond what you have worked for. BECOMING A PERSON OF INFLUENCE PART 1
Something I don’t know is responsible for my limitation. To break limitation I must know what I need to know. A principle, a person, and lack of understanding of this principle and person.
There is something you are lacking that is responsible for the lack you are experiencing in your life.
- What you don’t believe
James 1:6-7 KJV
Something I know but don’t honour and believe is responsible for my limitation.
- What you don’t do consistently
James 4:2 KJV
Something I have believed but have not consistently acted upon is also responsible for my limitation
- What you are doing wrong
James 4:3 KJV
If you do the right thing the wrong way, you will get the wrong results.
Something I am not doing right is responsible for my limitation.
Something wrong I am doing is responsible for my limitation.
The results of these four are all the same.
Isaiah 60:1-3 KJV
• Influence is the result of rising. Until you are lifted, it doesn’t matter that you are shining; no one will follow you.
• Influence is the result of being seen in a benefiting way
You can only influence those who can see that they can benefit from you. And until you shine, you cannot be seen.
SOME RESULTS OF INFLUENCE:
Isaiah 60:3 KJV
Your goal should never to be a person with a title, your goal should be to become a person of influence.
2 Effortless evangelism
Isaiah 60:4 NIV
- Wealth and beauty
Isaiah 60:5-9 NIV
- Honour and favour
Isaiah 60:10 NIV
- Victory and submission
Isaiah 60:11-13 NIV
- Recognition & Acknowledgement
Isaiah 60:14 NIV
- Celebration and impact
Isaiah 60:15 KJV
- Peace and security
Isaiah 60:17-18 KJV
- End of sorrow, and pain
Isaiah 60:19-20 NIV
- Establishment of God’s kingdom and righteousness
Isaiah 60:21 NIV
- Amplified results
Isaiah 60:22 NIV