Satan’s Strategy Of Delusion
Satan has commissioned legions of spirits to infiltrate and attack the Body of Christ by deception and delusion. Satan has released spirits of deception, delusion, lying, and seducing spirits that are attacking even Spirit-filled, on-fire, sold-out Christians!
One of the biggest lies of Satan is, “It doesn’t really matter what you believe as long as you’re sincere. After all, we are all serving the same God.” Have you ever heard anyone say that? Don’t listen to them. It does matter what you believe!
Satan wants you to be lulled into a false sense of security thinking it is not possible you could ever be deceived. I warn you, this is one of the most dangerous spiritual positions a Christian can be in. If you fail to recognize that there is the possibility of you being deceived, you will become a sitting target for Satan.
You must recognize Satan for who he is — an imposter. An imposter is “one who assumes identity or title not his own for the purpose of deception.” As an imposter, his major strategy is to deceive. Jesus described his true character when he called him “the father of lies” (John 8:44). Just as Jesus manifests truth, Satan manifests all that is false.
Here are five major ways Satan will bring delusion
- Trying to weaken the authority of God’s Word.
- Working through men and women who are deceived.
- Working through false teachers, adding to the Scriptures theories and heresies.
- Keeping Christians bound by a lack of spiritual knowledge.
- Doctrines of demons directly attacking the minds of Christians by injecting and transmitting lies into their thoughts so they will be deluded and deceived.
To wage war and defeat Satan and his army of deceiving spirits, we must
- Grow up to full maturity in our minds: You do this by continually filling your mind with the truth of God’s Word.
- Recognize and discern the spirits of delusion, deception, and the seducing, lying spirits as they attack your mind: You must learn to try the spirits to see if they are of God (1 John 4:1)
- Hold fast to the truth: Once you have saturated your heart and mind with truth and have tested the spirits and proven the teachings which you have received with the Word of God, hold fast to them. Don’t allow yourself to be swayed by every new thing that comes along. Live your life according to the things you have tested and proven to be true.
Make this declaration:
I am filling my mind with God’s Word. I am holding fast to His truth so I will be able to recognize the spirits of delusion, deception, and seducing lying spirits.